Thursday, July 31, 2008

New look, Manny traded, and water on Mars.

Not necessarily in that order. The blog needed a serious makeover, and I think this is a minor improvement. I'm not terribly confident in my design selections, but that tomato photo is nice.

As for Manny - I don't know or follow baseball regularly enough to earn myself a right to an opinion on the manner, but I was hoping he wouldn't be traded. For a guy whose interest in baseball only goes back a year or two, he was an entertaining and unorthodox figure in an otherwise stodgy sport. UPDATE: all that being said, Manny's replacement certainly had a auspicious start.

Xeni Jardin at Boing Boing is a woman after my own heart. In response to the amazing news that the Phoenix Mars Lander confirmed the presence of water on mars she wrote, "The future is pretty terrific, you know? And it's here."

Damn Straight.